Link city – style guide reading recommendations!
June 06, 2016
On a recent project, I did a lot of research on pattern libaries and modular components. They’re too good not to share!
- “Going Responsive”, Karen McGrane (pages 102-104), https://abookapart.com/products/going-responsive
- “Reponsive design: Patterns and Principles”, Ethan Marcotte (pages 8-11), https://abookapart.com/products/responsive-design-patterns-principles
- “A maintainable styleguide”, Lonely Planet http://engineering.lonelyplanet.com/2014/05/18/a-maintainable-styleguide.html
- “The Case for CSS Modules”, Mark Dalgleish, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR1lOuyQEt8
- “The Rise of Modular Styles”, Glenn Maddern, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_kGKC7s4U8
- “Front end styleguides”, Anna Debenham, https://24ways.org/2011/front-end-style-guides/
- “Style guide best practices”, Brad Frost, http://bradfrost.com/blog/post/style-guide-best-practices/
- “Atomic Design”, Brad Frost, http://bradfrost.com/blog/post/atomic-web-design/
- “On Building Component Libraries”, Mark Perkins, http://clearleft.com/thinks/382
Hey, I'm Ian. I build websites and write about what I learn as I go. Follow me on Twitter.